Abreast cancer research is proud to present…
‘Rock’ for cancer research music extravaganza! 27th November 2011
A HUGE line-up of musical talents get together for ‘one night only’ to play at the Bristol Tobacco Factory theatre on 27th November 2011. Doors open at 7, show starts at 7.30.
Artists to include…………….
Never the Bride – “One of the best live bands in Britain” says Bob Harris (BBC Radio 2). Dame Shirley Bassey said, “on hearing Never the Bride perform The Living Tree, I got goose pimples on the hairs of my neck” They went on to produce Bassey’s, Get the party started album. www.neverthebride.com
Chesney Hawkes – Pop-Rock heart throb and Famous for ‘The one and only’ 5 weeks at #1 www.chesneyhawkes.co.uk
Susy Thomas – Intelligent singer/songwriter with a Unique and Infectious voice; supported the likes of Paul Young, Tom Robinson and Deacon Blue. Watch one of her great songs…
Phil King – A fabulous Bristol based singer/songwriter. Phil has a lot to give, a great vocalist, lyricist with excellent compositions and variety with a soulful vibe. Watch the war I cannot win…
Katey Brooks – Katey is a rising star of British acoustic music. Her debut album (proof of life) is No1 in the Amazon folk charts. INDY music award finalist, Katey is on the road to becoming a phenomenon. www.kateybrooks.co.uk
Patricia Potter – Stared in Holby City, Brookside, Extras, Shakespeare in Love, Soldier Soldier, Jam and Jerusalem and more. www.tishpotter.co.uk
Auction and raffle on the night.
Prizes to include
- 2 x easyJet tickets from Bristol to Funchal (Madeira)
- A signed pair of Dame Shirley Bassey’s Shoes
- A hand reared Pepperpot pig by www.lynneallbutt.com
- 2 x Beverly Knight concert tickets with backstage meet & greet
- A stunningly unique framed print by http://www.baaah-design.com/
- Tea at the Ritz with Julia Bradbury (Countryfile) http://www.juliabradbury.com/
- Signed guitar by Chesney Hawkes
- Husband & Wife legal will worth £300-£400
- I hour vocal coaching with Nikki (Never the Bride) worth £75
- A super haircut worth up to £90 by David Sinclair. http://davidsinclair.net/
- A cowshed hamper http://www.cowshedonline.com/
- A computer health/virus check worth £48 http://compuwave.co.uk/
- A Chinese set meal in Clifton for 2 http://www.newemperorcourtrestaurant.co.uk/
- A case of wine and a bottle of champagne from the Co-Op
- 4 x tickets to the tunnels, Bristol http://www.thetunnelsbristol.co.uk/
- 2 x signed CD’s and one DVD from Never the Bride
For those cannot attend, auction bids can be sent through ‘on-line’ to email@example.com
About Abreast cancer research
Abreast is dedicated to improving the quality of life (QoL) of women with breast cancer undergoing breast cancer surgery/mastectomy. (QoL) includes, fatigue, pain, movement, appearance, body image, emotional, physical, psychological etc.
Going forward Abreast will endeavour to fund the following:
- Research Assistant to work with existing members of the team – 1 year (to be reviewed yearly)
- Psychologist to support women undergoing breast cancer surgery
- Physiotherapist to support women undergoing breast cancer surgery
- Lymphoedema Nurse to support women undergoing breast cancer surgery
- Pilot study of iPads for use in breast clinics
- Clinical Trials Administrator to run the existing and forthcoming trials in the Breast Reconstruction Quality of Life and Clinical Outcomes Research group.
To find out more about the charity, please visit www.abreast.org.uk