3rd and 4th September 2011 at Bristol Harbourside
The Organic Food Festival offers families and food lovers more than ever before – with the UK’s leading artisan producers, livestock shows, cooking demo areas with celebrity chefs, and special kids zone, at Bristol’s Harbourside on 3rd and 4th September 2011.
The festival, Europe’s biggest celebration of all things organic, provides an opportunity for visitors to taste the best food and meet leading producers from across the UK. Visitors can expect a weekend of gastronomic delights provided by over 150 of the very best organic producers.
At this year’s festival, as well as a host of celebrity chefs sharing culinary wisdom in the Cookery Demo Tent, an expected 20,000 visitors will be able to discover delicious food and drink, luxurious skincare, leading organic fashion labels, organic textiles and home design, as well as trying their hand at organic gardening.
At the heart of the festival will be The Food Market where visitors can come and look, taste and buy from stalls offering some of the best organic produce you can find. From organic pork pies, to organic ice cream, it will be a foodie lover’s heaven.
Kids will be entertained with a wealth of activities at the Kids Taste Experience Tent. Activities, which will encourage kids to think about how their food is made, include butter making, seed planting and bread baking.
The Organic Food Festival Sheep Show will be back this year – offering visitors the chance to swot up on different breeds of sheep whilst learning
some interesting facts from local farmers. As well as offering more livestock to look at than ever before, the Organic Food Festival’s Sheep Show adds an educational aspect to the event, encouraging visitors to consider where their food comes from and what benefits organic farming can offer.
Finally, for those who want to sit back and relax with a glass of locally brewed organic cider, there will be a stage offering a line up of the best in musical talent.
Promising to be an entertaining family-friendly outing, this much loved festival is perfect for everyone.
Organic Festival – At A Glance
- The Organic Food Festival is on Saturday 3rd September (10am-6pm) and Sunday 4th September (10am-5pm) at Bristol Harbourside.
- Tickets cost £5, with free entry for children and Soil Association members. Visit www.organicfoodfestival.co.uk for more information
- Hundreds of certified-organic food, drink, home, garden, beauty, fashion and textile exhibitors
- Cooking demos by a long list of celebrity chefs
- The event is being organised by the Real Food Festivals Ltd, in association with the Soil Association.
- The historic Bristol Harbourside will be transformed into a lively organic market with food pavilions, wine bars and cafes.
- Bordeaux Quay cookery school will host a special series of cookery lessons at the Demo Kitchen with Britain’s Renowned Chefs.
- The Health, Beauty and Textiles Pavilions will open up a world of organic that goes beyond the bubbling pots in the kitchen.
- In the Organic Gardening Pavilion visitors can get everything they need to grow their own greens, giving ‘eating locally’ a new meaning. Experts will be on hand to give budding gardeners some green fingered tips.
- One of the highlights for this year’s festival will be the Sheep Show which offers visitors the chance to swot up on over ten different breeds of sheep whilst learning some interesting facts from our local farmers.
- Many other exciting attractions in store, including demos on how to make preserves, chutneys your own beauty products and more!