Bite 2013 – Bespoke International Taste Extravaganza
27th January – 3rd February at Cotswold House & The Noel Arms
BBC’s MasterChef Presenter Gregg Wallace and stars of Channel Four’s series The Fabulous Baker Brothers are among the celebrity chefs cooking up a culinary treat at a new food festival in the Cotswolds next year.
Gregg Wallace will launch the inaugural Bespoke International Taste Extravaganza (BITE) 2013 at the luxury Cotswold House Hotel in Chipping Campden with a special five-course opening dinner on Sunday 27th January.
Perfect for foodies looking for a culinary holiday, a gastronomic tour or a simple short break full of delicious food, BITE offers visitors the chance to attend exclusive dinners with the country’s top chefs, pick up cooking tips and secrets from the experts, learn from live demonstrations, and purchase locally sourced products from the region’s top artisan producers.
The festival which runs until Sunday 3rd February will feature a week-long menu of events that showcase Michelin-starred chefs, TV cookery celebrities, acclaimed food writers & authors and local food heroes.
- Meet The Fabulous Baker Brothers, chef Henry Herbert and his brother Tom, for breakfast and champagne, as they share the secrets behind the ingredients they use and the delicious magic they weave with them.
- Join the cook, entrepreneur and Great British Menu judge, Prue Leith, for an exclusive discussion about her acclaimed autobiography Relish, during a grand dinner prepared by Former Roux scholar and Michelin-starred chef Simon Hulstone.
- Dine with Britain’s premier travel guide guru Alastair Sawday, founder of the trusted Sawday’s Special Places Guide to find out about how to travel sustainably and make great discoveries, during a scrumptious two course meal which includes a complimentary copy of the Special Places Guide.
- Be part of a dream-team evening featuring two of the most exciting chefs in the UK and both rated 6 out of 10 by The Good Food Guide; Dave Watts, 2013 Chef to Watch Award Winner and Will Holland, Chef & Patron at La Bécasse, Ludlow’s three-rosette Michelin starred restaurant. They promise to tickle your taste-buds with a lavish dinner and a Marquis Vodka cocktail on arrival.
- Discover how the best-selling restaurant guide, The Good Food Guide, selects its restaurants and what makes these special, as the Consultant Editor of The Good Food Guide, Elizabeth Carter, reveals all. Dinner will be created by Good Food Guide’s award winners Dave Watts, Head Chef at the Cotswold House Hotel and winner of Chef to Watch 2013 and Paul Foster, Head Chef at Tuddenham Mill, Suffolk, and winner of the Good Food Guide Up and Coming Chef 2012.
- Appreciate the finest expressions of William Grant and Sons’ best-selling Glenfiddich whisky at a special tutored tasting. On arrival enjoy a glass of chilled Piper Heidsieck Champagne with your canapés. Follow up with an exclusive tasting of three award-winning Glenfiddich single malts, followed by two fine single malts from the rare range, specifically chosen to complement a lavish meal cooked up by a mystery multi award-winning, Michelin starred chef. If that’s not enough, take a chance at winning a VIP trip to the Glenfiddich distillery, including an overnight stay in a luxury hotel.
- Satisfy your chocolate craving and experience a live demonstration by chocolatier extraordinaire Damian Allsop. Spend the afternoon learning the art of superb chocolate making at the hands of the maestro himself and discover why it is selected by so many of the top hotels in the country from Claridge’s to Hibiscus.
- Spice up your life and enjoy two sizzling curry nights hosted by double award winning Pub Curry Chef of the Year Indunil Upatissa, also the head chef of the hotel’s sister property in Chipping Campden, the Noel Arms, and Ivor Peters, found of the Urban Rajah. Both chefs will also be joining forces to host the ultimate curry masterclass.
- Round off the week by combining great food and superb wine presented by two true experts: Adam Byatt head chef at the highly acclaimed Trinity in Clapham (and newly opened Bistro Union) and Charles Metcalfe, former drink expert on Richard & Judy’s ‘This Morning’ and co-founder of Wine International, and the International Wine Challenge.
- Sip, sample and savour produce created by local producers and suppliers for free throughout the week at the BITE 2013 Tasting Hut and prepare for the ultimate BITE finale as Chipping Campden’s Market Hall is taken over by an all-day foodie haven featuring the very best regional food producers, so you can leave with a basket full of passionately-crafted food.
BITE 2013 supports a number of national and local charities, including The Princes Trust and Shipston Home Nursing. The see the full programme and book tickets to events , visit www.thebite.co or call Cotswold House Hotel on 01386 840330. Follow us on twitter – @BITE2013